- On June 21, 2018
Shortly after I posted my June 20th blog, our collective outrage forced 45 to reverse his horrific immigration policy that separated children from their families at our US/Mexico borders. BUT we can’t relax. We know that he and his administration cannot be trusted, so we must remain vigilant and challenge attacks on our democracy. One of my business clients, who is now a friend, informed me that the terrible images of children crying for their parents was so upsetting that she had to act. Not only did she email all her representatives, she also donated to RAICES (Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services). And she shared the following list of organizations that need our financial support:
- The Florence Project, an Arizona organization that offers free legal services to families in immigration custody;
- RAICES, a nonprofit in Texas that is paying the bond for parents currently being held in detention and providing legal services;
- Young Center for Immigrant Children’s Rights: champions the rights of unaccompanied immigrant children;
- KIND (Kids in Need of Defense): KIND staff + pro bono attorney partners at law firms, corporations, and law schools nationwide represent unaccompanied immigrant and refugee children in their deportation proceedings; and
- ActBlue, which divides contributions evenly between 14 organizations (including the ACLU), works to protect migrant children from being separated from their families at the border.
Now, we must hold this administration accountable and demand that all children are reunited with their families. CALL. WRITE. MARCH. DONATE. VOTE…Our fight continues!